Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wallace and Gromit (and upcoming film plans)

I saw Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit on the way back from England. It was good but not great. I liked Chicken Run better. There were some nice references in this flick---for example, the King Kong moment and the two howling incidents were greatly appreciated. I noticed a corny Harry Potter reference, and after having spent a week in England, I definitely appreciated the general format of the street layout in this film more than I would have before. There were some nice double entendres in the film, and the 'may contain nuts' joke on the box of cheese was absolutely beautiful. I wonder if I would have liked it better had I seen it in the theatre and when I wasn't really tired and feeling crappy?

I was going to see Sky High in the plane as well, but I messed up my synchronization with the film's start.

There are a number of films in the theatre that I want to see that have come out in the past couple weeks. I'll hopefully start dealing with these on Monday. For example, anybody for Aeon Flux?

No comments: