Thursday, April 03, 2008

More on Smash Brothers

I've continued to play lots of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. In many respects, it's more of the same from Super Smash Brothers Melee, but in part that means more fun, though there are lots of new things too---such as new characters, an adventure game that reminds me of things like the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games, and a very cool way to do unlockables by hinting what else one might get based on doing certain things. And, as I mentioned, more of a good thing is extremely welcome as well! I've only played on my own so far, but I've had a ton of fun with the game so far.

I'll discuss possible spoilers in the comments if there is any interest. In particular, I locked a very cool character today although I actually knew earlier that he was in the game. I still haven't locked Jigglypuff. They apparently made her much harder to unlock this time around. (Cue Lemming?)

I just had a particular character join me in the adventure game, so I think I can unlock him now. I'm going to go do that...

2 comments:

Zifnab said...

I think M^2 was saying that Jigglypuff would be the last character unlocked in his copy, last I heard they had every one but that. *sad*

Mason said...

It sounds like they made Jigglypuff much harder to unlock on purpose after being the first one to unlock in the previous two games. I think I have four characters left to unlock, though Jigglypuff may not end up being last for me. I don't have Jigglypuff yet. I haven't spent much time with the new characters yet. I have mostly been doing random selection for my battles to force myself to get some skills with a wide selection. For the older ones who I played in past games, it's mostly been a matter of relearning stuff (which has worked better in some cases than others). For some of the new ones, I definitely need a lot more practice, so hopefully between playing through them with events (and possible training), I can do that. I think that Lucario in particular can be very good once I get used to him. Well, Meta Knight too, but I have a little bit of skill with Meta Knight. I like some of what some of the others (like R.O.B.) do, but I get my ass completely kicked when I play them. Of course, I very much like R.O.B.'s inclusion for nostalgic reasons (that is awesome, in fact) and I like Sonic's and Snake's inclusions for other reasons even though at the moment I can't play effectively as either of them.

I definitely miss playing as Jigglypuff...