Friday, April 17, 2009

The Force is apparently strong in Scotland

According to BBC News, The Force is apparently strong among police officers in Strathclyde, Scotland.

As reported in the article's tagline, Eight police officers serving with Scotland's largest force listed their official religion as Jedi in voluntary diversity forms, it has emerged. (Apparently, Jedi are officially classified as atheists, but I hope I see the day when Jedi is officially considered to be its own religious designation. I also hope to see pastafarianism given such official standing.)

My favorite line in the article comes from Jane's Police Review editor Chris Herbert, who said: "The Force appears to be strong in Strathclyde Police with their Jedi police officers and staff.

I approve!

(Tip of the cap to Jaideep Singh.)

No comments: