Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

Pop icon Michael Jackson has died after suffering cardiac arrest. Among other things, he was an instrumental part of 80s music.

Earlier in the day, Farrah Fawcett died. (She was one of the original 'angels' in Charlie's Angels.)

(Tip of the cap to multiple Facebook users. More and more, I find out certain things for the first time via such posts, which seems to be an increasing trend more generally---going along with tweets, of course.)

Update: I have heard several others (from my generation and also from people about 10-15 years older) say that this feels like a piece of their childhood is gone. I don't feel that way, but this one definitely feels much weirder than most even though Jackson for a long time has seemed like he was on a trajectory to die young.

2 comments:

Jon said...

In case you missed it, Ed McMahon died Tuesday.

Mason said...

I read an article about it on CNN, but for some reason it didn't occur to me to write a blog entry---likely because I was focusing on local things.