Friday, August 20, 2010

Quote of the Day: Reservation Edition

This is actually yesterday's quote (though I arrived in Oxford on a red-eye flight, so it feels like today), and it occurred when I was making a reservation for a shuttle to pick me up and take me to the Philadelphia airport.

Q: "Can I get a confirmation number for that?"

A: "We're not that sophisticated, Sir."

Then, in order to prove that they're not sophisticated, they ignored the 6:10 pm reservation, insisted that I come when they arrived in the hotel lobby at about 5:30 pm---luckily I was discussing our joint projects with my roommates in the lobby instead of in our hotel room!---and informed me that that they could not guarantee that they could come at 6:10. Um, so what happened to the meaning of "reservation"? Excuse me?

Anyway, I'm back---I just spent a bit longer in the Philly airport than I was planning, and unfortunately the wireless internet wasn't working last night.

No comments: