Friday, July 15, 2011

What Happens at KITP Stays at KITP

Tomorrow I am going to fly to Santa Barabara to participate in the three-week brain networks workshop at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at UC Santa Barbara.

I have two comments.

One: Braaaaaaaaains.

Two: Importantly, my final flight touches down in Santa Barbara rather than Los Angeles. This will allow me to avoid 'Carmageddon', which should not be confused with Carmageddon. (By the way, there is a private joke about Carmageddon among The Usual Bastards.)


Update (7/20/11): Here are some pictures from my trip.

Update (7/24/11): Hitler didn't have too many nice things to say about Carmageddon. And while that's pretty damned funny, his comments about the proverbial "third referee" are even funnier.

4 comments:

Lemming said...

In case you ever want to see the movie that game was based on, by the way, let me know. Not that it's any good.

Mason said...

I didn't realize that it was based on a movie...

It sounds like one of those movies that ought to have a drinking game that goes with it.

Lemming said...

Oddly enough, the movie is full over heavy-handed symbolism, and is all about the return of democracy to a dystopian future...

Well, that and "Euthanasia Day" at the old folk's home.

Definitely falls in the "so bad it's good... maybe?" category. Actually, the movie had a recent remake (that had nothing to do with the original plot) a few years back as well, staring Jason Statham, iirc.

Mason said...

I figured that it was one of those. :) The remake with Jason Statham could be fun to watch.