Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What Happens in Palo Alto Stays in Palo Alto

I am on sabbatical, and I will be spending the bulk of it based in Palo Alto. I'll have a desk to use in Stanford's math department and I'm sure there will be good collaboration (including with friends), but the main thing is to spend some quality time with some of my favorite people.

I'm in a bit of a dark mood at the moment, but I think that's mostly because of not eating or sleeping enough yesterday. At least I can recognize that this is where my sour mood comes from, though unfortunately that doesn't prevent my mind from taking dark turns.

But enough of that! Tomorrow morning I am going to fly to Palo Alto and start hanging with my friends. I could mention names (and I am thinking of you fondly right now) but you know who you are, so you don't need me to tell you that. And even though I am not in a good mood as I write this and of course jetlag is going to kick my ass (as it always does), I'm really looking forward to spending 4 months with a home base near my friends. And, obviously, it will be very nice to be able to spend a lot of time with them in person instead of just communicating electronically.

I'm going to be with my peeps! Bring it on!

P.S. This is blog entry number 3000. I write a lot of text.

Update (12/19/12): Not so much an update but more of a glaring omission in the text above. I will be based in Palo Alto through 18 April.

No comments: