16 hours ago
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My name is Mason Porter. I am a Professor in Nordita (Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics) and am Professor in Complex Systems in the Department of Mathematics at Stockholm University. Previously, I was a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at UCLA. Before that, I was Professor of Nonlinear and Complex Systems in the Mathematical Institute at University of Oxford. I was also a Tutorial Fellow of Somerville College. I am still a Senior Research Fellow of Somerville College.
2 comments:
The Oatmeal covered this a while back:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/bees_vs_hornets
Keep up on your webcomics, man! :-D
It's true that I am not up on my webcomics. The text in my link corresponds rather closely to that in the webcomic, so I think the writer of that piece is up on them...
The temperature that the Japanese honeybees can withstand does seem to have been downgraded a bit, however. (The one in the Oatmeal --- which provides a bit larger gap --- seems a bit more plausible to me, given the presumed noise across individuals.)
Post a Comment