Sunday, March 31, 2019

April Fooling: 2019 Edition

It is April 1st in some timezones, so I'll be starting a round-up of some of the jokes that I see.

Eve Armstrong has posted a fake paper on arXiv. (While I am sometimes amused by the April Fool's Day papers that appear on the arXiv, what I don't understand is how some of them get to go on the arXiv, while a few of my real papers have actually been rejected from the arXiv.)

Theresa May looks set to become the next Cambridge vice-chancellor after stepping down as Prime Minister. (Tip of the cap to Carola-Bibiane Schönlieb.)

Here is a summary of some of today's pranks. I like the new depicted 50-pence coin. :) The bottom of the article includes a gallery of famous hoaxes (including some great ones), but sadly they missed out on Sidd Finch.

No comments: