Here are some Poisson distributions of fish. pic.twitter.com/wZ367E4GVg
— Mason Porter (@masonporter) May 11, 2019
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Poissonian Fish
After catching a fishy phrase — "fraction of failing breams", which I corrected to "fraction of failing beams" — in my manuscript draft (though Juan G. Restrepo has suggested the dystopian "fraction of failing dreams" as a possible correction), I noticed in a Google Scholar e-mail that my work was cited recently by a paper called The Contact Structure of Great Britain's Salmon and Trout Aquaculture Industry (which has nothing to do with any baseball players on the Angels). This made me think of "failed salmon" and "failed trout" and gives possible inspiration for writing a paper with a title like Percolation on Fish(y) Networks. My mind continued to descend in a fishy direction, so I decided to plot Poisson distributions of fish (as you can see in my tweet).
Labels:
distributions,
fish,
fracture,
networks,
papers,
probability,
research
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment