Tuesday, October 27, 2020

2020* World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers!!!

The Los Angeles Dodgers have won the World Series

 Of course, the whole year gets an asterisk (not just the Baseball season). 

 I have been waiting for 32 years, but under the dumpster-fire circumstances of everything, I am much less excited than I would normally be. I'm still very happy about it, but the excitement is less than it would be in normal times. Still, it's great! 

 Let's do this again next year when I can enjoy it more! 

There was some late-breaking news right after the game, and it turns out that Justin Turner was removed from today's game because of a positive COVID-19 test. 

So far, I have received two congratulatory e-mails from undergraduate students of mine and one from a friend. Corey Seager is the World Series; he was also the NLCS MVP. 

Clayton Kershaw has exorcised his demons a bit, and he now has more strikeouts than any other pitcher in postseason history. Obviously, he has benefited from playoffs with many more rounds than used to be the case. 

I need to get a plush COVID-19 with a Dodger cap.

No comments: