Wednesday, January 31, 2007

'C' is for Carrot

I am still having trouble getting the code for my granular medium problem to work. (As Lemming might say, "I'm doing it wrong!".)

Today, I was given a major carrot. (It wasn't given for that purpose, but it's a Hell of a carrot.) There is a conference in Hawaii this summer that my experimental collaborator is attending and assuming I can coauthor something with her by then (which, naturally requires the code to work) to be presented at the conference and which would go into the conference proceedings, she said she would pay for me to go there with money from her start-up package from Caltech. (I don't have any travel funds left from my postdoc.)

This is the work on solitary wave progation through granular media that I have mentioned to some of you at various points.

Now more than ever, I really need to get this code to work...

No comments: