Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Out of Context"

This is the title of my mix CD, which I finally got around to finishing up. The theme is purposely facetious.

The song order matters occasionally (because I twist the meaning of a couple songs just a bit), but sometimes it doesn't matter all that much. The earlier tracks need to be where they are, as do the final few tracks. Some of the ones in the middle need to be ordered in a particular way, but it's ok if there are songs in between them. Others just needed to be on the CD somewhere, I was sure where to put them, and didn't feel like spending much brain power trying t optimize where they should go.

I'll be bringing a copy with me to Berkeley---I'm burning the disk now as I write this. Others besides Gazebo should let me know if they want a copy.

I'll write more after people have listened to the CD. A couple of the modified interpretations are slightly evil.

My next CD will be either more sensitive or my own selection of messed-up/cool covers. I have plans for each.

2 comments: