Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life imitates Castlevania

Today I've had the chance to see talks in buildings I didn't previously get to (aside from looking at them from the outside while I was lost). In one of them, as you go up the stairs, there are two huge spikes (one on the left and one on the right) hanging on chains next to where the steps are. One can swing these really well and presumably also swing on these (and maybe even use them to reach a life-improving pork chop if one whips away to find a secret compartment). Naturally, the first thing I thought of when I saw them was somebody walking under them and getting impaled by one as it falls. (I checked and confirmed that the pointed tip is reasonably sharp.) Then I thought of using a whip t swing from one to the other and the whole Castlevania perspective was quite clear.

I haven't taken my camera with me the last couple of days, but I'll do that tomorrow and get a picture of this. (I don't have any talks I am planning to attend in this building tomorrow, but getting a picture of these is worth the extra walking.) Some of the other buildings also have some cool architectural features I want to capture on film, so I'll do that tomorrow too.

No comments: