Saturday, July 19, 2008

What happens in Rome stays in Rome...

...which of course has the obvious subtitle of "When in Rome, do like the Italians." :) (Ave Maria. Gee, it's good to see ya.)

I am going to the SIAM nonlinear waves conference, which is held once every two years. This is the third conference in the series. The first was in Orlando and the second was in Seattle.

Two of the conference organizers e-mailed me early on to ask my collaborators and me to organize a minisymposium. (As you can probably guess, this is one of the conferences where I know a ton of people.) We chose to organize a two-part session on nonlinear waves in periodic media, which is a topic that is near and dear to my heart.

I will let you know if I see anybody doing the Vatican Rag. (By the way, my musical jokes for the blog entry I write for my Vienna conference in September will be better. Some of you will see it coming from miles away, but I'll be doing it anyway.)

No comments: