Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pool!

Today I played pool for the first time in 3.5 years. (I played with Pageboy Greg Fricke '00 at The Green Room in Durham, NC.) I was certainly rusty, but I also had a lot better muscle memory on this stuff than I though would be the case---and I played better than I was expecting. My knowledge was still there and my lag to start the game of 14-1 was actually really good even though I hadn't done a lag in so long. Wow, it felt really good to play pool again! I need to find a place in Oxford to play. I want to play regularly again. (I never actually wanted to stop.)

I do have enough money these to buy a pool table, so I wonder if that might be a decent solution...

And for those of you who don't know, I actually used to be really good at pool!

Update (11/23/10): Hmmm... I can easily afford a full-size pool table plus all of the trimmings. Very, very tempting... If this wouldn't mess up my living room and kill its use for having friends over, I'd possibly buy a table right now. However, that would be way too much to sacrifice, so the question is whether a regulation-size US table will fit and whether I can find a good one that can double as a dining-room table. (The website above has non-regulation tables that can double as dining-room tables.)

No comments: