Sunday, November 07, 2010

What Happens in Seattle Stays in Seattle [2010 edition]

Tomorrow I am heading to Seattle for the first time since August 2007. I will be giving a seminar at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. While I'm around, I will also be giving an applied math talk at University of Washington.

Once I land in Seattle, I will be living in my 5th time zone in less than a week. (Technically, things like Eastern Daylight Time and Eastern Standard Time count as separate time zones, and I have "fallen back" twice in the past 8 days because the UK and US experience the fall clock change one week apart.) I live in a very confusing world sometimes.

4 comments:

ChaosBook said...

how know where this goes: A side of Mason less known.

Mason said...

Unfortunately, that trio probably has much more talent than I do. On the bright side, the fact that I have the twitter name 'MasonPorter' forced them to use 'MasonPorterBand'.

I should go see them in concert at some point.

Lidarose said...

That's way too many times zones for one person in less than a week!! No wonder you were tired the other day!

Mason said...

I also had a red-eye flight that left Seattle at about 11:30 pm pacific time...