Sunday, March 17, 2013

What Happens in Columbus (Ohio) Stays in Columbus (Ohio)

I am flying out this morning to the Mathematical Biosciences Institute (MBI) at The Ohio State University to be participate in (aka, absorb) a workshop on "Rhythyms and Oscillations" in neuroscience. This is part of the 2012-2013 thematic year on Mathematical Neuroscience. I'm going to this conference just to learn stuff and absorb things, and it's nice to be able to do that. I was offered financial support by MBI to attend previous workshops in this theme year, but this is the first time I have actually been able to attend. I've had some sort of conflict during the other times.

I have gone to Ohio several times in my leave, and each time it has been to go to OSU for some sort of conference, workshop (including a previous MBI workshop), or job interview. I've never visited any other city in Ohio.

No comments: