Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Amusing quote

I saw the following quote in the current issue of APS News:

"I didn't realize that President Bush's faith-based initiatives have reached so far as Air Force research projects. None of the three forms of teleportation of large objects discussed in this report are anywhere near being practical in the forseeable future and (are) probably ultimately impractical, as a trained physicist can see by just plugging in a few numbers."

This was uttered by Victor J. Stenger, University of Hawaii (emeritus) about the Air Force study of teleportation and was quoted in the San Fransisco Chronicle on 8/29/05.

In the meantime, I think I am going to develop a theory of hornet teleportation... (I've already figured out how to get them into stable orbits, so it could happen.)

No comments: