Tuesday, November 08, 2005

(Kiss)^2 (Bang)^2

Last night, I saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which is a damn fine movie. It's part action and part dark comedy, and it definitely strikes the right mood for me with its horseshit attitude and multiple shots at contemporary actors. There are quite a few witty one-liners (though some of that humor will be lost on generations who don't know the actors they mention), and there are some really funny moments. I appreciated the twisted humor of this movie a great deal. (They ended the movie by apologizing to people from the Midwest for saying 'fuck' too many times.)

The movie has some thriller/detective stuff to it and is set mostly in LA. (It takes some obligatory shots at Los Angeles, which amount to very witty versions of stuff we've all heard before.) While watching the film, I had this feeling that the person (Michelle Monaghan) playing the lead female role was very familiar, but I couldn't figure out the source. It turns out that the reason she looked familiar was that she was a regular on Boston Public for half a season, which I watched faithfully (though probably shouldn't admit it) when it was on the air.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend the movie to prudes, but if your sense of humor tends in the dark/twisted direction, than you'll like this movie a lot.

3 comments:

Lemming said...

I'll have to add this to, hrm, my medium queue.

Lemming said...

You know, it'd have been shorter to write (Kiss Bang)^2, assuming transitivity.

Mason said...

But the title isn't commutative...