Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I know I'm asking for it with this one...

I was talking to one of my friends just now and my name came up in a conversation he was having with a mutual friend last night. They apparently decided that I should go and donate sperm and that they would facilitate matters by signing up, etc. They added that it was important that I spread my seed and that this would be the most efficient way to do it. He was saying that if I spread enough seed that it could become like Thomas Jefferson's posse with all these people claiming to be his descendants via slaves he boinked. (Then with so many descendants, I would in theory be remembered in the history books---at least that's how his argument went.)

Well, it's nice to know I have friends with designs on my legacy and (implied) confidence in certain other things.

I don't think that I want to become one of the fathers of our country in this particular manner...

10 comments:

Lemming said...

Hrm, passive-aggressive promiscuity, I like it!

Anonymous said...

Apparently you get paid for it... A guy I knew from the class of '94 was a regular sperm donor for a while, largely from the efficiency argument (may as well get paid for "work" he'd be doing anyway). :-D

Btw, yesterday's Bad Reporter (http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/asmussen/archive/) is not completely unrelated to the topic...

Mason said...

Justin: Nice link!

The geeks shall inherit the earth!

Linda said...

A lot of cute Masons running around! I do no t think that is such a terrible thing. Nerds rule!!!

Mason said...

You are putting a lot of pressure on me...

Linda said...

Oh no! I don't mean to do that. Maybe you can have two or three little Masons...that's not too much pressure. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, uhh the most efficient way to donate your seed right. I guess that would be better than spilling it on the livingroom floor....definately better than that since I don't imagine you could physically get close enough to a recipient to make the actual insertion yourself....

Mason said...

Yeah! My first anonymous potshot! (Is the Gazebo watching?) As usual, I get the shot when I don't actually say anything bad---it's really strange how that works. Maybe people just ignore the comment when I write something mean? This one was particularly harsh, too. Aiming below the belt...

Oh, and what makes you think I would choose the livingroom? What poor taste! I often have guests in my livingroom and this would probably discourage future visits. (Hell, if you're someone I know maybe you've even been to my place, so are you sure you want to encourage this?)

Oh, and thanks for the confidence boost. I'll go hang myself now.

Anonymous said...

oh I see. Mason your audiance is expanding! -jing

Mason said...

Yes, they love me everywhere. And because they think I won't procreate, that will make the surprise all the sweeter when my army is at their doorstep!

Surpise. My chief weapon is surprise. (And my mad quantum kaos skillz.)