Friday, August 18, 2006

United 93

I went with a bunch of friends to see the special premier of United 93 tonight.

How should I summarize this movie?

Well, there were a lot of snakes. And they were on a plane.




It was campy fun, and going on opening night is key. Mad props go out to the guy who smuggled in the guitar. I had a small magnet stuffed snake with me and Tim had a mongoose, which he almost managed to lose at Islands. (We got some strange looks during his efforts to get it back, and the one from a woman at one of the tables was particularly priceless. [We were standing by the table waiting for the waiter to finishing taking the order of her male companion so we could ask where the mongoose was because we were told that he knew.] It was one of those what the fuck are these people doing here and I hope they leave now looks. Awesome!)

I have a couple really awesome five-foot stuffed rattlesnakes (complete with rattle) at my parents' place. I used to occasionally take them with me when I went out with my family to restaurants (especially an Italian one called Andre's that had some awesome roast duck and a misspelled "parfait mason" on the dessert menu---they always gave me one of those for free and complimented me on my snakes), and I really wish I had those handy to take with me tonight.

Anyway, go see the movie on opening night. The crowd definitely made things a lot more fun.

2 comments:

reb said...

dude, United 93 is the movie about the "let's roll" plane on 9/11. I think SOAP was gonna be Flight 721.

Mason said...

reb: The title of this post is inspired by this incident.