Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Class Warfare as seen using Social Networking Sites

Courtesy Arcane Gazebo, here is an article on class warfare as seen using the social networking sites Facebook and MySpace.

I am a member of both, but I am what would be called a 'passive' member. If someone contacts me, I'll respond, but otherwise I don't typically log in very often. (I'll often go months at a time without logging in.) However, I have gotten back in touch with old friends by virtue of have profiles on these services, so they do offer some excellent benefits.

Moreover, they offer some really bloody cool social networks stuff to study. I currently have students studying this stuff, although aside from a SURF report, we don't have any articles on online social network sites yet. However, stay tuned...

No comments: