Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mathematical Moments

My expository article, Ground Control to Niels Bohr: Exploring Outer Space with Atomic Physics is the source material for one of the more recent "mathematical moments" posters the American Mathematical Society is using to preach the wonders and utility of mathematics. You can see this stuff posted in mathematics departments around the world. These posters also get translated into lots of languages (I don't know how many, but it's a lot). For example, here is the Chinese version. When I have a spare moment, I'll print it out and put it on my door.

One of my expository articles from 2001 was translated into German and Spanish. (The rights for the Italian version were purchased, but it never got published in that language.)

Sadly, none of my research articles have ever been translated (to my knowledge, at any rate).

No comments: