Monday, July 17, 2006

Has Putin been reading the Necronomicon?

I'm stealing this entry from Gazebo.

Vladimir Putin was sent roughly 150000 questions and the 4th most popular of these was concerned with the possible awakening of Cthulhu. I approve!

It was asserted in the thread of the blog entry to which Gazebo linked that some concerted effort was likely involved, and I'm inclined to agree with this. I approve! (But I'd approve even more if the rank of #4 was achieved without any special effort...)

Here's a short quote from the article (the entirety of which I sadly won't get to read because I don't subscribe): Putin said he viewed mysterious forces with suspicion and advised those who took them seriously to read the Bible, Koran or other religious books.

Summer Fun Cthulhu, with whom I share an office on campus, is vigorously nodding his agreement. (Hey, how come he gets to stir in his slumber while I have to do work? There's no way he'll ever get his Ph.D. that way...)

No comments: