Friday, November 17, 2006

Trailer for Balls of Fury

Here is the trailer for Balls of Fury, which is slated to come out in the second quarter of 2007.

This is the movie for which Caltech ping pong coach Wei Wang served as an expert instructor. (Actually, she apparently did this previously for Friends, which I didn't know until today.) She did her Christopher Walken (the main evil guy in the film) impression today, based on what he did when he showed up to the club where she teaches in Santa Monica.

As you can see from the trailer, the film looks quite campy. (It makes me think of the trailer for Dodgeball, which I never actually saw even though there are a couple things from it I like to cite.) It certainly has the potential to be awful, but I'm going to see it anyway. By the way, the nun in the trailer is Wei. (They used computer imagery to change the face.) She's also apparently in some music video that goes with this (as the nun), so I'll have to look out for that as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks crappy, looks like fun. I'm glad I finally sat down recently to watch Enter the Dragon -- I'm predicting in advance that Walken has some sort of ping pong paddle attachment for a (possibly missing) hand.

Mason said...

Hmmm... I've never seen Enter the Dragon. It sounds interesting.

I'm glad you're game to see this movie. It's conceivable there might be an outing for the ping pong folks here, although we'll see. Their schedules and ours aren't exactly similar.