Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Hat goes to England

Sorry for the very long delay with this post. (I just received the picture by e-mail tonight.)

Lemming has already told the main story of the hat. (It's a picture essay, but it does the trick rather nicely.)

Well, as it turns out, the hat really gets around (all the way to the UK, in fact). Here, it's depicted in Trinity College in Oxford. There's another picture of the hat in front of Oxford University Press, but that one was taken on my camera and will have to be scanned in (and, in all honesty, isn't particularly worth the trouble).

Now, the hat came out looking rather fine. I, on the other hand, will definitely have to work on becoming more photogenic. The expression on my face (and my body language in general) are "impressive" in this picture, to say the least. It looks like I'm ready to chill in my crib with my fellow gangstas. Lemming's suggestion (without having seen this picture) turned out to be rather prescient. The idea is to blur away my face to make this somewhat more in line with the other pictures of the hat and given my facial expression, I think that would be a tremendous improvement.

One thing definitely worth noting in the picture is the background, which looks really cool! (This also reminds me that I need to scan my picture of 'Soliton', as I need to put that in some of my seminar slides.)

3 comments:

Lemming said...

Yeah, but you broke rule #3 of hat club: no faces. :P

Mason said...

Showing my butt didn't seem like the right move at the time.

Mason said...

It was pointed out to me tonight that I missed the following opportunity: Do not talk about hat club!