Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Brains....

There's a game that just came out called Stubbs the Zombie (in Rebel Without a Pulse). I've heard some good things about the game (though I don't know if I'll be getting it, because it's not my genre; this game uses the Halo engine, by the way), but the reason I'm mentioning this here is that the game's story amuses me. (Click on 'game' and then 'storyline' on the website.)

Here's how it all began: "In 1933, Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield was just another traveling salesman trying to get by during the Great Depression. His lifelong losing streak reached its logical conclusion when he was brutally murdered and ignominiously buried in a remote Pennsylvania field."

And in 1959, he suddenly arose with a desire for braaaaains: "All he knows is that this strange city of towering buildings, bright lights, and incredible machines wasn't here before...and that eating somebody's brains would make him feel better." [Believe me, I know the feeling.]

In reading the description of the game, the use of "Thriller" amuses me. Also, don't forget the Surgeon General's warning that "Too much brain matter will only lead to cramping and indigestions."

The fact that you're not supposed to eat children in the game is really lame, however. I mean, what the Hell?

In the meantime, I think I'll go to The Winchester. ("Let's go to Winchester!")

No comments: