Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Fox's classlessness

While they have some good shows, the Fox network is classless in just about every facet. Their "news" is an abomination. (Hell, they give Ann Coulter an outlet to open her trap, so what do you expect?) There is even a documentary (or mockumentary, if you wish) called "OutFoxed" about this. (I've heard it's very good and I need to go watch it.)

Fox's crap extends to its baseball coverage. I already mentioned in a previous post how they followed their yearly practice and (for a while) were ignoring the division series games that ESPN broadcasts. Again following their yearly practice, they are broadcasting the two League Championship Series games simultaneously (one on Fox and one on FX) because heaven forbid they don't show a few of their reruns in the afternoon. Their All-Star game broadcast was a travesty. They cut off Hall-of-Fame announcer Ernie Harwell (former Detroit Tiger announcer; the game was in Detroit) so that they could show a an all-star game promo starring Smokey Robinson so that they could harp on the Motown connection. Broadcaster Jeannie Zelasko asked Harwell a question, which she let him answer for something like 20 seconds before talking over him with a comment along the lines of "We could listen to Ernie Harwell talk all day, but we have to get on with the show" and then cutting to an absolutely useless promo that conveyed no information except to remind us that the all-star game is in Detroit and, oooh, so is Motown.

Absolutely classless.

(They're also stupid. They give Tim McCarver an outlet, after all.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mason you need some sort of blocking scheme. - jing

Mason said...

I'm working on it. I asked Tim what to do about this, and I am taking his advice and removing my blog from the public listings. I used the same service he uses, and it's worked for him. In the meantime, I'm removing the spams I've gotten manually.