Thursday, January 19, 2006

(Another) Contemporary Beverly High alum in the acting world

When one goes to Beverly High---I was in the class of 1994---this happens occasionally.

The person in question, Bahar Soomekh '93, has a familiar name, although I can't say I remember her. [Class of 93 puts her in the same year as Angelina Jolie (Voight, really), who left after sophomore year.] This week, she was profiled in the Beverly Hills's Weekly's 'Where are they now?' column. (Note: The BH Weekly still doesn't keep their archives online, so this link will only be good until next week's issue.) I was looking at her answer to the question of who she keeps in touch with, and around half the names or a little more are people I knew.

Here is her IMDB entry. Prominent movies/shows listed include M:I III, "24" (a guest appearance), Syriana, and Crash.

One thing with my high school is that I stood out like a sore thumb (I know, that's a shock), so there are a number of people who remember exactly who I am who I wouldn't be able to recognize for the life of me. Again, the name is familiar, but I can't figure out if this is somebody I actually knew.

No comments: