Friday, January 27, 2006

Today's fortunes

This is reminiscent of a series of e-mails I used to send to The Usual Bastards back when we were still regularly in touch. (Alas, most of us drifted apart. Sigh... This is what is so impressive about The Three Musketeers, to resurrect an old name that most of you probably never heard. You guys succeeded where we failed. I do still keep in touch to some degree with some of the old gang, but sometimes one thinks something is "forever" when it turns out to be all too short.)

Anyway, on to happier things---by which I mean fortunes!

Only one of mine tonight was really good, although I'll share all of them anyway. Here's the one I really like:

"A thrilling time ahead; be in your guard." (And it even rhymes! Damn, that's awesome!)

"You will have no problem in your home."

"You will take a chance in something in the near future."

"In love you could shine as a brilliant star." (And this last fortune duplicated something I only remember catching once before: Many fortunes in the US include suggested lottery numbers. This one has the usual six numbers, except that two of them are 43. Oops.)

3 comments:

Lemming said...

Anyone whose known me for a while will already have heard me mention this at some point, I expect.

I am the recipient of the best fortune ever: "A starship ride is promised to you by the Galactic Wizard".

Mason said...

Actually, I have not heard this one before. That one is truly amazing. One can even parse it in multiple ways (with the 'in bed' clause) and it's awesome with either choice!

My best ever (which I've now gotten three times) is something along the lines of the following: "An angry man shuts his eyes and opens up his mouth." Hell, I got this two days in a row in Berkeley, which is especially disturbing.

Mason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.