Sunday, February 05, 2006

Transamerica

I saw Transamerica today. It's kind of like Brokeback Mountain (which I haven't seen), except with Transformers instead of cowboys. If you want to find out about the real relationship between Megatron and Soundwave, then this is the movie to see! (Well, what did you think all those cassettes were for? They're props, of course!)

OK, so the movie is really about a transgendered person getting a grip with past life to be able to move ahead. It's not great as a whole (it's decent), although the Oscar-nominated song from the film actually is pretty reasonable and Felicity Huffman gave an extremely good performance in the starring role. The movie has some good lines and does a good job sending it's message, but it wasn't entirely my cup of tea. (Basically, it's clear to me why the movie is getting rave reviews, but I was hoping it would have more of the comedic moments that I was under the impression were included.)

I've been wanting to see Munich and Capote, but I just haven't been in the mood for movies that serious (that are also on touchy subjects). I want more vampires.

No comments: