Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Comedy Sluggers (starring Josh Hime and others)

I apologize in advance for breaking the First Rule of Fight Club, but here goes:

Before our adventure at Johnny Rocket's (see below), a bunch of us went to see Josh perform at The Flight Club theatre in Hollywood. It's located in one of those canonical strip malls we see all over the place. The venue is small---small venues have a lot to offer when it comes to theatre, so this was good---although its seating topology and the location of its steps was a bit awkward. (I tripped a little bit, and that doesn't include any of the effects of my "milkshake.")

There were seven skits in total (one of which I believe is fairly well-known), and appropriate songs were played in between at least some of them. (It had been a while since I heard any part of the original version of "I Think I Love You," which was recorded by The Partridge Family. Personally, I like the version by Voice of the Beehive [a very, very, very underappreciated band---they were truly awesome!] much better... Hmmm...let me see if I can avoid further nested parentheses.) Josh had his hands full with the ladies (and occasionally men) a couple times. I mean this figuratively---not literally.

I found the Redneck skit to be annoying, but I enjoyed the rest of it. (There were some highly amusing moments.)

Maybe somebody wants to add further comments to provoke Josh?

No comments: