Thursday, April 13, 2006

"Finishing" one's dissertation: text adventure edition

Justin Howell passed the following hilarious text adventure along to me. It seems oddly familiar. Cornell didn't have any grues, but had I been eaten by one, I think it would have saved me a lot of subsequent pain when I finished my dissertation. Also, the pile of books and attempts to read them are quite familiar. For that matter, several of the actions (like reading about baseball online) that resulted from commands to work on the dissertation also seem vaguely familiar. :)

Finally, you should also click on the April 13th continuation of the first text adventure. The idea of corporate grues is a bit scary...

1 comment:

Lemming said...

That's great--I caught an excerpt from it, but didn't realize there was more.