Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Conference registration imitates Spaceballs

Today, I've spent a bit of time catching up on some administrative stuff from both work and life (dealing with some Somerville stuff, changing my home address for my banks, etc.) in addition to goofing off and helping (Mike)^2 clean up a bit so that he, Lanth, Zifnab, and I can have a holiday dinner at his place. (For the last couple of days, I haven't done much serious work.) Among the things I am doing is registering for a conference. Part of the registration instructions read as follows:

"6. When the "submit" button is hit, one is prompted to upload a
file containing the abstract. Please limit individual talk abstracts to
100 words of plain text.

8. The deadline is *** January 18 ***.

Any problems, please do email me directly.
Kind regards
Eddie Wilson"


Naturally, I sent Eddie an e-mail which only contained the text, "Whatever happened to 7?"

I've been waiting so long to use that line in real life in a manner that isn't contrived! Dude!

No comments: