Thursday, December 22, 2005

Aeon Flux and IMDB's 05/06 starmeter

I saw Aeon Flux with the gang on Monday. It had one of those high standard deviation sequels, so I wasn't sure if I'd like it or if it would fall flat on its face. As it turns out, I enjoyed it quite a bit, although there was some of the expected cheesy dialogue. (A big chunk of it was concentrated into one scene that I was urging to hurry up and end---the one with the Trevor Goodchild discussing love surviving the cloning process. Ugh.) Frances McDormand seemed slightly disturbing in her role, and I still can't see her in a movie without thinking of Fargo (you betcha').

The flick won't be winning any Oscars but it's really fun and highly recommended. Did any of you ever see the MTV cartoon series of it from 1995? I never did, so I'm curious if somebody here has an opinion on it.

While on IMDB, I noticed the starmeter they just posted. Actually, it seems to list mostly starlets, although that's not particularly surprising. They gave Keanu Reeves the props he deserves for Thumbsucker ("Call your power animal.") and reminded me that not just one but two sequels to Pirates of the Carribean are in the works. Aaaarrrrrr!

No comments: