Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolution (as determined by iTunes)

OK, so I am writing this now because I'll be back in my hood (by which I mean Beverly Hills) tomorrow evening for a friend's party and I want to write this before the new year.

For 2004, in my first ever New Year's Resolution, I resolved to be less neurotic. I did pretty well for about a month and then I failed miserably. Hence, I repeated that resolution for 2005 and it looks like I'm going to succeed this time. I only have one more day to blow it, so I think I'm pretty much home free... I wasn't sure what to resolve this year (getting a job or other things obviously doesn't count), so I decided to let my iPod (or rather iTunes, as I'm already in front of my computer) do it for me. Here are the 10 songs that will determine my New Year's Resolution for the year 2006:

1. The Ghost in You (Pschadelic Furs)
2. Forbidden Love (Madonna)
3. Too Late Marlene (Duran Duran)
4. The One Thing (INXS)
5. Popcorn (Kraftwerk)
6. Boys 'R A Drug (Julie Brown)
7. All For You (Sister Hazel)
8. From Ay To Bee (Camouflage)
9. So The Story Goes (Erasure)
10. Allurance (Delerium)

Unfortunately, I have no clue what resolution this might be implying. The first two might suggest that I don't have any amorous relations with dead people, but everything else seems much less intuitive. Any ideas? Or any iPod- or iTunes-based resolutions you'd like to share?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to read a week worth of entry at once. I particularly enjoy the "2005: the year in ..." series. My new year's resolution i think is to read "collapse" by that UCLA prof. But we will see! -jing

Mason said...

Maybe I should resolve to read some of those books that formed the basis of movies I've seen recently? Or to see and watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

Anonymous said...

that's a really good book too! I don't read much so no real basis for comparison, but it was captivating. -jing