Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A few extra tidbits

I forgot to mention this earlier: I had to spend longer than usual in the line to check my luggage. Why? Well, some brilliant person put in backwards the tape that prints the luggage tags. Now, that's easy enough to do, but they didn't notice for over 20 minutes (as the line got progressively longer) and then some of us were sent over to the lovely machine in question to check in. Then we had to get the luggage stuff manually because after already haven checked in, it wouldn't let us deal with luggage automatically anymore. Bastards!

One of the Cornell people last night was also a Lloydie (one year above me) who transferred after sophomore year. I also talked to Matt Sullivan at his poster and ran into one other Scurve from the class of 98. I know there's at least one Darb around, but there seems to be a slight overpopulation here.

My collaborator's baby was born at 11:05 pm on 3/13. I told him he should have made his wife hold on for another hour.

I have some non-March Meeting stuff to post, but I'll do that later. One of them involves Whammies and is in very poor taste. :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Well, you could always argue that the baby was born at 12:05am EST.

I love those luggage tags. When I travelled to Japan a few years ago, due to "ripped" tags, my luggage ended up in South Korea. Wonderful.

Linda said...

I mean 2:05am EST. My brain is fried. I just finished a major exam a couple hours ago. Sorry.

Mason said...

Actually, the baby was born at 11:05 pm eastern time, so one would have to choose a different timezone entirely.

Anyway, I think one typically just goes with the timezone in which one was born (even if one moves later in life). I don't remember what time I was born. (That is, I looked it up and I don't remember. :) )