Monday, March 13, 2006

Sign Error in \Delta T

What happened? (Or, more precisely, wtf!?!?)

When I left LA, the low at night was in the mid 30s, and the previous high (or maybe highs) were in the 40s. (For LA in mid March, this seems like just about the coldest I've experienced in over 20 years worth of data points.) I fly to Baltimore and it's much, much warmer! Now, I'm going outside in a t-shirt, and it's not so bad to do that even at night. In the convention center, it's another 15-20 degrees warmer. (Somebody has got to turn on the air con in here. It's ridiculous!)

Unsurprisingly, my flight included tons of March Meeting people, including (at least) two others from my building (including my neighbor, Jim Eisenstein) and very likely other Techers.

By the way, the TSA people apparently loved my poster on Congress (especially the part about the Select Committee on Homeland Security). :)

1 comment:

Lanth said...

Damn, I'm jealous. We went to Arizona, land of sunny desert, which managed to be really cold, rainy, and overcast the entire weekend. Supposedly Monday was nice, but we wouldn't know >< Global warming at its best.

("Excuse me, is this Customer Service? Yes, I'm calling to complain--my state is leaking!")