Monday, March 20, 2006

Hornets --> A Cat?

Today at lunch, an orange cat (that Lemming recognizes) was hanging out with me at lunch. It briefly tried to climb me and whined until I gave it some food. It's tag lists it as a Caltech cat named "Velcro". I don't know whose cat it is or if it's a general on-campus cat. After it accepted my leftover food (which consisted mostly of gravy at that point), I decided I had the authority to rename it "Phonon", which will be especially apt if it adopts the condensed matter group. (Lemming mentioned that Phonon hangs out outside of Chandler, but I didn't recognize this cat.)

In other news, the wheels are now officially in motion for my April Fool's Day prank (I found a necessary accomplice who is "inside"). Be afraid; be very afraid... (and stay tuned...) You might be hearing about this one... (and I'll tell you, if nothing else).

2 comments:

Linda said...

Will your April Fool's prank reach all the way to Atlanta?

Mason said...

Hmmmm... it's possible but unlikely.

There is an extent to which it should, but realistically I don't think very many people in Atlanta will notice it until I tell them about it.